The Best Questions to Ask at Your Performance ReviewPosted on 17/05/2019, in Medium.
This posts talks about some performance related question that can be asked during the one-on-one with your manager. There are two-fold of purpose of it: a) gathering feedback along the way to the real performance review; b) show serious attitude towards your career. Here are some samples:
- “How is my performance relative to your expectations?”
- “What other metrics are you using to assess how I’m doing?” -> I would actually phrase it as “What would be some of the metrics to access how I am doing?”
- “What do you see are my strengths? What do you see are my weaknesses?”
- “What are the skills and traits that I need to get to the next level?”
- “What is in the budget for professional development?”
- “Can we talk about my compensation?”